List of active policies
Scroll down to accept this policy.
Mwabu Learn is an eLearning Portal for teachers, learners and parents. It runs on a Moodle Learning Management System (LMS) platform. Access can be either offline or online using mobile devices, laptops
or desktop computers. The LMS stores courses and tracks learner
In short, you’re not forced to use this site or provide any data, but if you do it’s your choice what to disclose. You can request to be informed of what data of yours we have, ask us to change or delete it, and tell you who has direct access to it by contacting the administration team through email@example.com. We’ll be careful to prevent unauthorised access to your data, but if we find your data may have been breached, we will notify you. We won’t spam you; you can opt in and out of mailing lists and app push notifications. We won’t give away or sell your personal data in any way to others.
Information we collect
We collect the following information:Personal data
When you sign up for MwabuLearn, you are creating a user account on the MwabuLearn training portal. When you register, you will be asked to provide the following information: user name, password, first name, last name, email address. You may choose to add more information to your profile after registering. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
When you use MwabuLearn to access the eLearning courses and services, we collect usage data about your activity, including: date, time, activity progress, grades and nature of access. Usage data may also include your device’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type and browser version.
When you access Mwabu Learn, we may collect certain device information automatically, including: device type (e.g. mobile or computer), operating system, browser version, display size, window size and input type (mouse and keyboard or touchscreen). We do not collect any location data or unique identifiers from your device.
Information from third-party social media services
The Company allows you to create an account and log in to use the Service through the following third-party social media services:
If you decide to register through or otherwise grant us access to a third-party social media service, we may collect personal data that is already associated with your third-party social media service's account, limited to your username, password, name, surname, email address and profile picture.
We will also collect data through Google analytics. This data is anonymised.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information you provide to us in order to:
- provide you with access to Mwabu Learn e-learning content and services
- to maintain our service including monitoring usage of our service
- to review your Mwabu Learn account to determine whether you continue to meet the terms of the account
- to make decisions about your future Mwabu Learn activities, for analyses and reporting
- for other legitimate needs related to or initiated by Mwabu Learn events such as push notifications via the mobile application (when enabled by the user)
- to contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications, regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation (Communication outside this LMS will be with only registered teacher and parent accounts. There will be no communication outside this LMS with learners.)
- to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
Your information is stored in backup files on their server, will only be accessed for legitimate reasons. In addition, certain data elements may also be stored on your mobile device or computer. We may retain the information you provide for extended periods of time for the purpose of complying with legal process and regulatory obligations.
The user’s personal data may be further used in ways and for purposes required for site maintenance.
For operation and maintenance purposes, this site and any third-party services it uses may collect system logs, i.e., files that record interaction – including navigation. They may also contain personal data, such as IP addresses.
This Agreement shall govern all communications between the Parties respecting Confidential Information which are made from June 2021 through the life of the project unless terminated earlier. LMS’ obligations under this Agreement with respect to Confidential Information it has received, shall continue for a period of three (3) years after final termination of the agreement.
Information we share
- As necessary to process your eLearning activity and maintain your account
- To complete your registration
The security of your Mwabu Learn account depends on you keeping your account password(s), and other access information for the service
confidential. If you share your account information with a third party, he or she will have access to your account and your personal information.
It is your responsibility to control access to your mobile device or computer and the Mwabu Learn application on your device or
computer, including keeping your password(s) confidential and not sharing it with anyone. It is also your responsibility to alert Mwabu if you believe that the security of the information in the Mwabu Learn application has been compromised.
On our part, we adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, activity information and data stored on our site. Titus’s servers are protected by relevant active security processes. In the unfortunate event of a data security breach, we will notify users whose personal identification information may have been breached.
The user’s personal data may be used for legal purposes by the owner of the site in court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from the user’s improper use of the site or related services.
Your acceptance of these terms
By registering for this site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use this site. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your
acceptance of those changes. You will be notified of any major changes and given the option to accept them and continue using the site, or not.
© 2021 Mwabu